|E-Government E-workspace Project Commenced|
GOVERNMENT EWORKSPACE PROJECT
Towards Paperless Government Administration Transforming governance through ICT has been given a shot in the arm with the implementation of a Government eWorkspace System for 102 Government
The eWorkspace Project forms part of the solutions to be provisioned under the eGovernment Phase II project. This system is a suit of solutions comprising
Correspondence Management/Tracking System, Portal Content Management System, and Document Management System and Meeting Management
Systems, which is expected to be;
- A secured electronic system with all necessary security measures
- Able to facilitate a complete paperless working environment
- Flexible and ease of use by intended users.
- Able to track decision status and actions taken on such decisions.
- A system that automates submission, processing and approval of letters/memos etc
- Provide ability to conduct meeting and track action status of meetings held
The eWorkspace solution is a webbased integrated and collaborative hardware and software resources for a collaborative working environment. The
Unified Communications Tools including:
- Microsoft Active Directory Services – to manage user authentication, increasing security and making optimal use of shared resources within the
Government IT infrastructure and leveraging on active directory enabled applications.
- Microsoft Exchange – a flexible messaging platform for managing mailing and business communications including instant messaging, calendar
scheduling, voice mail with unified messaging and more.
- Microsoft Lync Unified Communications Tools – free calls through voice over IP, video and web conferencing over Network Infrastructure reducing
travel cost and other communication cost
Portal Content Management Systems PCM including:
- Meeting Management System –supporting scheduling, managing and sharing documents related to meetings
- Electronic document management system – supporting sharing of documents
- Intranet Portal (Sharepoint 2013) – Will bring the power of collaboration and information sharing to government
Correspondence management system (CMS) – will allow for preparation, processing, receipting and management of eletters, edispatch, e Minute on
letters, eSigning, data Capture, digitization and eStorage of documents, earchiving and edisposal of letters. System will allow for eattachment of
documents irrespective of file size to letters etc
- The CMS will help organizations to capture and manage their incoming correspondence (e.g. paper and electronic letters, emails, faxes, portals
etc.), outgoing correspondence and internal correspondence (internal memos, letters etc.).
- EMC Captiva platform will enable organizations to scan their paper documents; capture electronic files, index, classify, recognize, and validate
- EMC Documentum platform will help organizations to retrieve their electronic documents through searching, apply document restrictions based on
user roles (e.g. Minister, Chief Director, Commanders, etc.) so that users of the system will see only documents they are permitted to see based on
their roles. It adds additional security on the documents using confidential clearance to users; it will also allow organizations to encrypt contents of
documents and digitally shred their redundant documents. The platform will allow organizations to collaborate on documents and generate reports
on all correspondence.